With Matsuricon right around the corner, I’ve been adding the finishing touches to my Flame Princess costume. I am very excited to see it all come together. This has been a very stress-free project. Having time to lounge on my couch and add some tedious detailing, makes me one happy woman.
I finished casting the resin gems, sanded them, and added a brief coating of red enamel spray paint for shine. (since I sadly could not get my clear resin casts to cure..) I drilled tiny holes around the exterior of the gem, with a 1/16 inch drill bit, and sewed the gem to the dress with embroidery floss. I also began adding some stitching in orange and red floss around the flame trim of the dress.
Since glass beads are my new favorite decoration, I added pocks of them around the gem and flame trim. I might add some more around the tulle at the bottom of the dress (only if I get real bored this week…)
Next up: tonight will be a brief styling of the wig and sewing in the second gem.
Also, cleaning up a couple other previous costumes to wear for the weekend. I will photograph and some detail shots for future posts.
For those interesting in attending the convention this weekend, August 19th – 21st: